Thursday 8 December 2011

Looking Back/Epic Hot Dogs/Future

Well, it’s another week of summer past, only two weeks left until school starts. I always enjoy school, this year will be interesting and worthwhile because this will be my final year of high school. I'm still wondering about the mysteries that wait for me this year. Having to be my final year of high school, I'm starting to look back at my past 3 years of high school, thinking to myself, saying "did I enjoy and live through school to the best extent?” I then said to myself, "ya, I did, could have done more but what I've done so far since the end of gr.11, was decent enough". I did what I could to be involved, and I’ll continue to do so, I've been to some of the school dances, school plays, parent teachers nights, sometimes I would even go with my parents for report card interviews with the teachers. Whenever I would stay home on those nights, I would worry if parents would bring pizza for my good work, or poison if I fucked up, or poisonous pizza if i'm doing "okay", shit it’s like that Simpsons episode all over again :P. No, even if I failed or did okay, my parents would never bring home poison, they're amazing parents, most of the time I think of them as my two best friends, I tell them a lot about my day, what I like and what’s going on with my friends and school. Going back to which school events I have attended, sadly I've only been to one Coffee House, but my friend Alex and I are thinking of starting a duo, I think it would be cool if it were a rap/hip-hop duo or even a full band, me on vocals and my limited piano skills (better practice), Alex on the guitar, and finding a bassist and a drummer. Although, sometimes I tend to feel depressed when I see happy people, I don't know why, I just do, is it because I have failed to accomplished what they have accomplished? Do they have something I don't have? The answer is still a mystery to me. I sort of feel that way during every X-mas assembly at school; The only parts that I enjoy are the parts that are put on by the teachers (i.e. they have a band and play kick-ass covers to other songs, funny skits, funny dances, etc), and the Friday Show special put on by Cougar Vision (news show at my school). The way I see it, I was talking to my counsellor about it after the holidays, it seems that the reason why the stuff at the Christmas assembly that actually relates to Christmas depresses me is that we hype and commercialize the hell out of one day, that's meant to be mostly about togetherness. That really in the end it becomes a huge let down, your expectations are not met after all the hype. Which is why I tend to feel that promoting Christmas in a X-mas assembly is depressing, watching school singing groups singing jolly X-mas songs or even students dancing to jolly X-mas songs, with their happy, blushing faces, depressing as the time my fish died when I was 9. Well, obviously they have to include Christmas in a X-mas holiday, what can I do? Nothing, just spend my holidays drowning myself in bottles of Coke, watching classic X-mas specials, sleeping and being with friends and family. I just wish people didn't a big fucking deal about Christmas, but in the end I can't destroy anything, others may want to disagree with me and enjoy their holidays. And besides, at least the assembly's have decent X-mas jokes, like the one with Santa Claus and Tiger Woods, and how at least Santa ends with 3 ho's, lol. Who knows, maybe I’ll invent my own holiday, a holiday of relaxation, doing all the holiday things that I enjoy as mentioned before, and possibly sleep my may throughout the entire holiday. 



Moving on.....

My friend Alex and I were thinking of creating our own YouTube channel, similar to EpicMealTime, only instead, we'll specialize in a food that we both value... hot dogs. It may not seem like it, but you can be very creative with hot dogs, we were thinking that like every week, we would post a video of us making all types of hot dogs. To start off, we were thinking of following some of these recipes from this awesome website (http://www.bonappetit.com/magazine/2009/07/international_hot_dogs). We also had an idea for a hot-dog to make around the time of Valentine’s Day, The Sexdog; a hot dog with honey, ginger and whipped-cream.... were using cool-whip, don't worry. Hopefully alongside with the band project, Alex and I can get this project running, for this project we need more of our friends, lots of money and a shit load of various ingredients, including lots of hot-dog wieners and buns, and also...girls, lots and lots of girls. If EpicMealTime can find hot girls on the street that are willing to gorge themselves in bacon wrapped food, then I’m sure it will be easy to find girls we know that are willing to eat lots of hot dogs.


bon-appetit-international-hot-dogs

Some ideas on what hot dogs we were thinking of making, for each episode we would make at least 20-30 of each hot dog we make.



And finally....


I know for the past little while since I created this blog, I have said that I'm going to post a new piece every Monday. So far, blogging had been good for me, it allows me to vent out my interests, both current and new, also some thoughts that I have on certain things, definitely not super personal stuff but some inner thoughts, only to allow myself to express myself to the people I know, and to a broader audience around the world, luckily people can easily find blogs by clicking the "next blog" button on the top right corner. I like how in blogging, it’s this whole community of people from all over the world, all walks of life expressing themselves in various ways, Blogger has done a good job of connecting all those people together and to share each other stories, life-experiences or whatever seems to be on someone’s mind, expressing it in text or through visuals. All legit reasons for why I’m continuing with blogging, even during the school year, but there will be changes. Because I will be busy with school (homework, Ultimate Frisbee, after school activities, etc), I may not be able to stick to a new blog post every Monday. Instead I will make a new blog-post, one for each week and post at anytime during the week, whether I post it during the day when I’m at school, or like late at night during the weekend. Either way, just thought I would let you know if you keep up with this blog and follow or read it on a daily/frequent basis. With the stories and events that I will experience this year at school and in my life, more interesting tales from yours truly will come. The future of my blog is known my friend, and it is bright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment